Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and simple recipe I came up with. We were in process of changing our kitchen over to a low carb kitchen so decided to pull this dish together. Some people add a 1/4 tbsp. of chili power to the chili. Others have added 1 tbsp of taco seasoning to the vegetable sauce to begin with. To make this recipe truly low carb substitute in vegetarian 'ground beef' for the red kidney beans.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the Diced Tomatoes with Chiles, Green Peppers, Garlic Salt, and Olive Oil in a ceramic, glass, or plastic bowl.
- If possible, do not use a metal bowl, especially copper.
- Metal may react with the tomato and diminish the overall taste.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half if desired.
- Spray your non-metal cooking pan with an Olive Oil Spray and lay the chicken in the pan.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture onto the chicken with just the edges of the chicken showing.
- Mix the vegetables every time you spoon the mixture onto the chicken so the oil does not separate.
- You should use about half the of the vegetable mixtures.
- Pour as much of the juice of the vegetable mixture into the empty areas in your cooking dish as you can.
- For clean up its best not get any of the tomatoes your pan.
- Cover and place the dish with the chicken in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Place the rest of the vegetable mixture and the Kidney Beans, Tomato Juice, and Water into a sauce pan.
- Heat the chili mixture on low about 10 minutes before the chicken is done.
4 stars for this Mexican Cacciatore (that's what we called it) but no stars for explanations. Hard to follow and sometimes didn't make sense!, so I just threw everything in the dish and in the oven went! I used real garlic.