Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Prep of vegetables can be done, placed in bowls and refrigerated. It is a healthy refreshing meal. I started eating quesadillas a few years ago. I am hooked on the variety of ingredients that can be encased between tortillas and so so satisfying. Enjoy. I love the refreshing cruch of the jicama and red pepper.
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 1 raw jicama, cut into 24 julienne sticks
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 24 julienne sticks
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 8 slices cooked chicken breasts
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat with 1 tsp oil. Add 1 tortilla at a time and quickly heat, slightly brown and flip to brown the other side. Add oil for each tortilla.
- Heat oven 250* Place slightly brown tortillas on a flat plate to keep warm. Place a towel over the plate.
- Heat potatoes as per instructions for microwave.
- Sprinkle chili pepper on jicama sticks.
- Add cumin to black beans and stir to mix.
- Add lime juice to chopped spinach and toss.
- Mix Taco seasoning into the Sour Cream.
- Spread 1/4 cup shredded cheese on 4 warmed tortillas.
- Placed each layered tortilla on 4 serving plates.
- Carefully spoon 1/3 cup mashed potatoes to the edge and pat down.
- Layer 2 (half inch) thick slices cooked chicken breast on each tortilla.
- Portion out the black beans over the chicken slices.
- Portion the spinach with the lime juice over the black beans.
- Place 6 sweet red pepper sticks over the spinach.
- Place 6 jicama sticks over the red pepper sticks.
- Add a dollop of seasoned sour cream.
- Place a tortilla on top and gently press down.
- Serve remaining sour cream mixture as a dip.
- Serve remaining shredded cheese as a topper if desired.
- Cut in half or wedges.
This was YUMMY! The hicama and black beans were my favorite. I'm not a fan of cumin so used taco seasoning only.
I liked the variety of ingredients, but wasn't sure what I was heating the oven for......so after I spread everything onto the tortillas, I put them in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt & lightly crisp up. I wasn't sure how long I had it in the oven for. I like the lime addition. I would also like to try this with cilantro sometime