Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Best of Bridge
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 soft corn tortillas, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, sliced in strips
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- To prepare chicken: Cut chicken breast into 1/4 inch strips and toss with Tabasco.
- Heat oil (1/4 inch deep) until hot in heavy skillet.
- Fry tortilla strips quickly until golden.
- Set on paper towel to drain.
- Season with salt.
- Pour off all but a little oil and saute chicken for 2- 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- To prepare dressing: Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- To prepare salad: Place lettuce, peppers and chicken in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve on individual plates and arrange tortilla strips on top.