Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I got this from one of those recipe books at the counter in the grocery store. It is a simple one to prepare as you use a prepared package of frozen chicken. Or you may use any leftover chicken strips you have from another meal. In fact, you can plan to have them leftover. I'm all for doing things easily.
Top Review by out of here
Mimi,this salad really hit the spot with my Daughter and I.We are always looking for good salad recipes.I wondered about French dressing and sala-but very good together.I had left over strips in the freezer so a fast dish.Thank you Mimi-Rose of Sharon
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefrozen cooked chicken breast strips (thawed)
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes (cut into wedges or diced)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips
- 2⁄3 cup French dressing
- 2⁄3 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (from a 1.25 package)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; blend well.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
- Pour dressing over all; toss gently to coat.
- Divide salad evenly onto individual serving plates and top each with a dollop of sour cream.
- Arrange tortilla chips around edge of each plate, if desired.