Recipe by lazyme
Here's a recipe that makes a nice presentation for a quick Mexican flavored chicken salad. Please note that the first ingredient should read 1 package Soft Taco Dinner, but I couldn't sneak that one through Zaar, lol.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
Everyone enjoyed these tonight. I also had a little difficulty forming the cups and had to lightly fry the corn tortillas first to make them pliable, but they tasted great in the end. I did not buy a boxed dinner, but rather had all the ingredients fresh in the house and used it with chicken breasts cooked with Recipe #166030 for seasoning along with the peppers, onions, water, oil and added about 1/2 cup white wine to the chicken as it simmered. Ultimately shredded the chicken - all was delicious!! Thanks for a fun recipe - it's a keeper!!
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package taco shells
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- lettuce, shredded
- cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tortillas, taco sauce, hot sauce, and taco seasoning mix from dinner kit.
- Press or fold tortillas to fit into muffin cups coated with vegetable cooking spray, forming bowls; coat bowls with cooking spray. (It helps to microwave the tortillas a few seconds to make them more pliable).
- Bake at 375ºF for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Saute chopped bell pepper and onion in hot oil in a large skillet 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken, taco sauce, hot sauce, taco seasoning mix, 1/4 cup water, and lime juice; cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Spoon evenly into tortilla cups, and top with desired condiments.
- Serve immediately.