Recipe by Jadelabyrinth
A slightly spicy recipe that I created quite by mistake. I was making another recipe when I realized I had added too much tomato juice and didn't have enough beans to complete it. A few other changes and there you go.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This was really good! Our's turned out like soup, lots of broth, not chili or stew like at all. I love the convenience of layering everything in the crock pot and coming home to the house smelling like a Mexican restaurant and have a warming soup waiting. I served ours with Fritos corn chips, cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream. Next time I will add jalapeno and canned chilies because I just wasn't spicy enough for our tastes. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, thawed or fresh
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, mexican style
- 3 (6 ounce) cans reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ingredients into the crock pot (3 quart size or bigger) in the following order: All beans, corn, celery, onion, carrot, chicken, tomato juice, tomatoes, garlic, garlic, basil, oregano, sage, paprika, bouillon, and bay leaves.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low heat for 8-10. Note: My chicken was still partially frozen and it took 4.5 hours on high heat.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Enjoy!