Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taco soup with a twist: chicken instead of beef! Sounds yummy.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken, chicken broth, kidney beans, salsa, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until juices of chicken run clear. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.