Recipe by barney_s
It cooks while you're at work.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
I actually had this recipe in my private recipes and had never posted it because I hadn't tried it. But now I have and wish I'd have tried it sooner! This was so good and so easy. The only change that I made was to use chicken thighs (personal preference) instead of chicken breasts. Will definitely make this again. Made for My 3 Chefs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies or 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken pieces and salt until browned. Remove and drain.
- Place the onion, green pepper, garlic and peppers in skillet, and sauté until slightly cooked.
- Add all the ingredients into slow cooker and stir. Cook covered for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.