Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This salad is so good in the summertime. We like to top it with French or ranch dressing. You may also heat the bean and corn mixture, and serve salad with warmed chicken. Hot or cold, it's delicious!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- Rub chicken strips evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Mix the beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning.
- Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato.
- Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.
Another wonderful meal from Hazeleyes! We love spicy and this kept us happy, along with feeling full and eating healthy. I used Fajita Seasoning Mix rather than a packaged mix, but probably used too much, so be careful. Chicken was served warm with the bean mixture cold...great combination with a dollop of ff sour cream! Thanks again!