Recipe by Jessiica
From a Pillsbury best of bakeoff cookbook. I served this to my dad and uncle they couldn't get enough of it.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 4 green onions
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed salad greens
- 3 tomatoes
- oil based salad dressing
- 1 avocado
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 400*.
- Place butter in baking pan, and melt in oven.
- cut chicken lengthwise, then again cross wise in 1/2 inch slices.
- In large bowl beat eggs. Stir in salsa.
- In shallow dish mix bread crumbs, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregana.
- Place chicken pieces in salsa mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place in pan and bake 15 - 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- In large bowl combine salad greens with tomatoes and green onions. Reserve few of the green onions for garnish.
- Pour desired amout of dressing on salad and toss to coat.
- Arrange on plate with chicken pieces on top. Place avocados slices on side of each plate along with a dalop or sour cream and dalop or salsa. Sprinkle remaining green onions.
- Optional: Place a few tortilla chips on side of plate.