From a Pillsbury best of bakeoff cookbook. I served this to my dad and uncle they couldn't get enough of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1 1/3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 4 green onions
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed salad greens
- 3 tomatoes
- oil based salad dressing
- 1 avocado
- sour cream
- 1Heat over to 400*.
- 2Place butter in baking pan, and melt in oven.
- 3cut chicken lengthwise, then again cross wise in 1/2 inch slices.
- 4In large bowl beat eggs. Stir in salsa.
- 5In shallow dish mix bread crumbs, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregana.
- 6Place chicken pieces in salsa mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- 7Place in pan and bake 15 - 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 8In large bowl combine salad greens with tomatoes and green onions. Reserve few of the green onions for garnish.
- 9Pour desired amout of dressing on salad and toss to coat.
- 10Arrange on plate with chicken pieces on top. Place avocados slices on side of each plate along with a dalop or sour cream and dalop or salsa. Sprinkle remaining green onions.
- 11Optional: Place a few tortilla chips on side of plate.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.7
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 238.9 mg
- Sodium 1580.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 52.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens