Recipe by NurseJaney
This is a quick and spicy meal which can easily be served to guests. Even the small ones in the family enjoy the "more than usual" heat. To calm it some, you can use i can of standard Ro*Tel. Sour cream, shredded cheddar, and/or cilantro toppings are optional
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Yummmm! A definite keeper of a recipe! I used boneless skinless thighs in place of the chicken breasts in this recipe because of the cost factor. The yellow rice was a new ingredient for us...and one we will certainly have more often! The only change I will make to the recipe next time is to double the olives which is a request my kids made. We topped the dish with some fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream and a little grated cheddar cheese. Thanks so much for sharing this tasty and simple recipe. Made and reviewed for the 62nd AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-tel Mexican festival tomatoes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can ripe olives, sliced, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package yellow rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Roll chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and next 2 ingredients.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve chicken mixture over yellow rice with toppings as desired.