Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice (I used Uncle Ben's)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (2 oz.)
- In a 2 qt shallow baking dish mix soup, salsa, water, corn and rice.
- Place chicken on rice mixture.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika.
- bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is done and rice is tender, Sprinkle with cheese.
Very tasty. I doubled the recipe and cooking time was about 80 min (the chicken was thick). Added more cheese once served. Quick and easy.
This was really very good! I quite enjoyed it, as it was a little different for us I think. I followed the recipe, except that I seasoned my chicken breasts with some garlic powder, a little onion salt & peppper and I browned them just slightly before placing them on top of the rice mixture. This did take the full hour for mine, more so for the liquid to reduce to just the right amount. After I sprinkled with the cheese I popped it back in the oven just long enough to melt it. I served the chicken on top of the rice and topped it with a dollop of sour cream,and it was yummy! Moist, flavourful chicken over a creamy tasty rice,it reminded me of chicken nachos,without the crunch of the chips! I used a mild salsa so that it was not too spicy for my little ones. I may add a few green onions on top of the sour cream next time for presentation. There was just enough rice for us(two adults, a toddler & a preschooler) so if you like a lot of rice you may want to doulbe. A good one dish meal, easy & convienient, Thanks Mary, will be making this again! :)