Recipe by ElaineAnn
I came up with this a few years back when pasta salad was requested for a potluck. It is very flexible. You can use your favorite pasta, alter the amount of veggies, substitute red pepper for green, add black olives, or whatever. Use your imaginaton and enjoy! Prep time does not include refrigeration time. NOTE: If you have trouble finding Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix, use Mexican Fiesta Dip Mix (In a Jar). It makes a large batch, you just need 2 or 3 tablespoons.
Top Review by pamela t.
Loved, loved and loved this pasta salad. Easy and versatile! I followed recipe as written but added red pepper instead of green as ElaineAnn advised. Just lovely...made for Football Pool, 2010.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packagehidden valley fiesta ranch dip mix
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I use Sargento's Mexican 4 Cheese Blend)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown chicken in pan sprayed with cooking spray. Add chicken broth and 1 teaspoon of Fiesta Dip mix. Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside to cool, reserving broth in pan.
- Add broth to water for cooking pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain and cool slightly.
- Cut chicken into small chunks and mix with pasta and vegetables in large bowl.
- Mix remaining Fiesta Dip mix with mayonnaise and sour cream and add to the pasta bowl, mixing to coat well.
- Gently stir in shredded cheese, and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving for flavors to blend.