Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was found in one of those Kraft Food and Family magazines that come in the mail a few times a year. I saw this recipe and knew it would make a great, easy and delicious weeknight meal. Very tasty!
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups chopped red peppers (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 6 minute.
- Add peppers, dressing and chili powder; cook 3 minute or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Stir in salsa and sour cream.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
We have this all the time and it is SO good. It's one of my husband's favorite dishes and so easy to make... we have it every other week. When I don't feel like buying red peppers (they're like $1.50 each here, which makes it expensive), I just sub in chopped tomatoes and it tastes just as good. I definitely recommend this recipe though. YUM!
Very enjoyable. I did cut back on the chili powder by half. :)
Excellent! I didn't use the chili powder, but I added granulated garlic instead (garlic lover here). DH asked for me to double it next time!