Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't take the credit for this recipe but it's really good and quick and easy to make.....it was discovered in a cookbook I bought from our school to help out with a classmate of my daughter who has CF (the classmate not my daughter) the cookbook is called:Country Cookin,For a Cure great fundraiser they done here and has lots of great recipes!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mild enchilada sauce (I use one of the green sauce and one red sauce)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, you can buy the already chicken in the cans to save time
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (6-7")
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1 can of enchilada sauce in a 9by13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl,combine chicken,sour cream,chilies,onions and salt.
- Stir in one cup of cheese.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over top;sprinkle with remaining one cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- Serves 6-6 I have doubled this recipe before- experiment around with the enchilada sauce-- I prefer one can of green sauce and 1 red sauce-- but you can use whatever you like-- also you can add more cheese on the top-- these really are yummy!
- hope ya like them-- also you can use the hot enchilada sauce instead of the mild, we just use the mild because of my kids-- they love this recipe-- not to spicy for them.
So great. The filling is wonderful. I didn't have green onions on hand so I used chopped red onions. I liked that the sauce was so easy. I did just like you suggested and used one can of red enchilada sauce and then one can of green enchilada sauce on top. I liked that this didn't have a creamy sauce. Made me feel like I was saving some calories except that I added extra monterey jack! I will definitely make again. Thank you!
Loved these enchiladas! I used leftover cooked chicken thigh meat for this. I added a little cumin to the filling and I over-measured that cheese, as usual. ;) These were super easy and delicious. Thanx for sharing!
This is very similar to the method that I use to make my enchiladas. I have recently used Crockpot Chicken Taco Meat (Recipe #4957), but have also used leftover grilled chicken that I have shredded. I seldom use green onion, and instead use finely diced red or yellow onion. I also like to use all red enchilada sauce and combine it with some of my homemade salsa for more of kick. I love chicken enchiladas served with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, more onion, sour cream and guac. This is perfect comfort food for us.