Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a recent issue of Kraft magazine and loved it. I typed it out as is but when I made it I used the Costco canned chicken and couldnt tell the difference! Plus I always end up using more grated cheese than whats called for. I also doubled it so there would behalf left over for lunch the next day. Next time I'll add spanish rice and refried beans as side dishes.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded and divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Heat large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minute Add chicken, 1/4 cup of the salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; mix well.
- SPOON about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minute or until heated through.
I made this recipe for dinner tonight and the enchiladas were great! I used fat free cream cheese and sour cream to reduce the calories and fat, but the dish was still excellent and I will be making this again. Thanx for sharing!
These were amazing. The flavor was spectacular. I loved the creameyness of the chicken. I think this would be great with some fresh cilantro and green onions. Thanx for sharing