Recipe by RecipeLove
I found this recipe in a recent issue of Kraft magazine and loved it. I typed it out as is but when I made it I used the Costco canned chicken and couldnt tell the difference! Plus I always end up using more grated cheese than whats called for. I also doubled it so there would behalf left over for lunch the next day. Next time I'll add spanish rice and refried beans as side dishes.
Top Review by cookin mimi
I made this recipe for dinner tonight and the enchiladas were great! I used fat free cream cheese and sour cream to reduce the calories and fat, but the dish was still excellent and I will be making this again. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded and divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Heat large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minute Add chicken, 1/4 cup of the salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; mix well.
- SPOON about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minute or until heated through.