Fiesta Chicken Dinner from www.lotsofkids.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) package , kraft deluxe white cheddar on rotini pasta & sauce
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chili-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 6 tablespoons salsa (optional)
- 1Cook chicken in oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- 2Add pasta, hot water, tomatoes with their liquid and the cumin; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in beans and contents of the Cheese and contents of the cheese pouch; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with onions. Serve with a heaping tablespoon each of sour cream and salsa on the side, if desired.
- 4NOTE: Use your favorite beans, such as kidney or black beans and you can substitute 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for the green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Chicken Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 275.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: