Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one I whipped up on inspiration. The warmth of a chicken corn chowder with the flavor green chile. Great on a cold day.
- 8 slices bacon
- 24 ounces chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cream
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 18 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Cut the bacon into short pieces and brown in the skillet. Remove to drain on paper towels. Repeat for chicken breast. Sweat the onion and add cumin and oregano.
- To a large stock pot, add the chicken, chicken stock, bacon, onions. Add the potatoes, cream, and all the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and cheese if desired.