1/1 Photo of Fiesta Chicken Chowder
The original came from TOH. I posted though I hadn't tried it and based on the first review I decided to tweak it a bit and come up with my take on the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 15 ounces chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 11 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1In a large resealabel plastic bag combine flour and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2In a large saucepan, saute chicken in oil until juices run clear.
- 3Stir in chicken broth, onion powder, garlic powder, remaining taco season, beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover ans dimmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4Stir in soup, cilantro, lime juice, heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Chicken Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 378.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g