Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The original came from TOH. I posted though I hadn't tried it and based on the first review I decided to tweak it a bit and come up with my take on the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 15 ounces chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 11 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- In a large resealabel plastic bag combine flour and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken in oil until juices run clear.
- Stir in chicken broth, onion powder, garlic powder, remaining taco season, beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover ans dimmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in soup, cilantro, lime juice, heat through.
This was a yummy soup. It is simple to put together if you have the onions and chicken cut up and the tomatoes and beans drained beforehand. I did think though that for having "fiesta" in the title it wasn't spicy enough, lol. To my serving I added some shakes of Chalula (hot sauce). I liked it much better that way, it was a bit too bland for me otherwise. I think next time I make it I will try to use a can of Rotel instead of the mexican stewed tomoatoes. Then the tomatoes will be cut up smaller plus add a lot more heat then the mexican stewed tomatoes had. This was a nice filling soup. Thanks for posting!