I haven't seen a recipe quite like this one. I found this in a fundraiser cookbook.
Make and share this Fiesta Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml milk
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce
- 304.75 g condensed cream of chicken soup
- 255.14 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 113.39 g chopped green chilies, drained
- 56.69 g chopped pimiento, drained
- 709.77 ml cubed cooked chicken
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 56.69 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 236.59 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml milk
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- Heat oven to 375*. Lightly grease 2 quart casserole.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, 1/3 cup milk, onion, garlic salt, cumin, hot pepper sauce, soup, spinach, chilies and pimento. Blend well.
- In another bowl combine chicken and cheese, toss lightly.
- Spoon half spinach mixture into casserole, sprinkle with half chicken mixture. Repeat layers.
- Beat egg whites to soft peak. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup milk, butter and egg yolks. Beat at low speed until moistened, beat 4 minutes at high speed.
- Fold in egg whites. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
This is a keeper! May try this with flour tortillas next time to save some time, but quite delicious as is. Thanks for posting!