Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a magazine that I picked up. I can't remember the name of the magazine. The recipe has been edited for posting purposes. Excellent recipe!
- 5 boneless chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (13 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Cut cooked chicken into cubes.
- Mix chicken with all the above ingredients EXCEPT the tortilla chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Crumble the bag of tortilla chips onto the chicken mixture.
- Spread mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chips over the top.
- Add some shredded cheese on top to make it extra cheesy. You could also add some black olives if you like those.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
Cheesy and moist. It's a very good (and easy) casserole. I had leftover cooked chicken and this was a nice way to use it up. I used light sour cream and 2% cheeses and that worked well. Next time I will top with the black olives mentioned at the end. Thanx!
My family enjoyed this however my friend who is from Mexico City thought it was wonderful! She requested the recipe and now makes it often for her family. This has terrific taste and was easy to prepare. Thank you for sharing!
This was a fabulous recipe. So easy and oh sooooo good. Served it with rice and a nice salad. Company loved it, and it has become a family favorite. Thanks for sharing.