Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe came from a magazine that I picked up. I can't remember the name of the magazine. The recipe has been edited for posting purposes. Excellent recipe!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Cheesy and moist. It's a very good (and easy) casserole. I had leftover cooked chicken and this was a nice way to use it up. I used light sour cream and 2% cheeses and that worked well. Next time I will top with the black olives mentioned at the end. Thanx!
- 5 boneless chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (13 ounce) bag tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cooked chicken into cubes.
- Mix chicken with all the above ingredients EXCEPT the tortilla chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Crumble the bag of tortilla chips onto the chicken mixture.
- Spread mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chips over the top.
- Add some shredded cheese on top to make it extra cheesy. You could also add some black olives if you like those.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.