Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family friendly meal that the whole family enjoys. Zesty and fabulous. This is my own recipe from my blog www.pickypalate.blogspot.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) canmild Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 40 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place oil into a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion and jalapeno until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted down. Stir in chicken, salt, pepper, garlic salt, cumin and diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Place soup, enchilada sauce, sour cream, milk and salt into a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until warmed though.
- Ladle a small amount of sauce into the bottom of a large 9x13 inch baking dish (or bigger if you have one), just enough to cover the bottom. Place a spoonful of chicken mixture inside of corn tortillas, roll and place seam side down. Fill tortillas until chicken filling is used up. Top evenly with sauce and shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 10-12 servings.
Yummy! Love these! The combination of soup and sour cream makes for a great sauce. I left out the jalapeno since the rotel adds enough heat for us. Used fat free sour cream and fat free cream of chicken soup. Next time I will cut down the amount of sauce, as it's a lot for 12 enchiladas. Otherwise, this was great! Made for Fall PAC 08.