Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent lowfat chicken recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (15 ounce) canfat free black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- fresh cilantro
- Season chicken breasts with garlic salt, cumin and pepper.
- Brown on both sides in nonstick skillet.
- Add green chilies, corn.
- black beans and salsa.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with rice.
the more i ate of this, the more i liked it. i made it with homemade hot sauce Recipe #312064 (i think it would not be near as good with store-bought hot sauce) and topped it with a little 2% cheese and green onions. it would also be delicious with sour cream on top, but that would kind of take away from the low-calorie beauty of this dish. thanks for posting, i will be making this again!
I loved this, my dh thought it was ok. The chicken had great flavor and I loved the combo of the beans, corn, salsa and rice. It had excellent flavor and was very filling, especially for a low fat dish. My dh thought it was good, but I don't think the flavor combo was his favorite. It was even better the next day!
My family enjoyed this recipe. Fast and easy.