Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A recipe for your crock pot from www.mizfrogspad.com suitable for all phases of the South Beach Diet.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook chicken pieces until browned (not necessary, but adds to the flavor).
- Remove, drain, and place in crock pot.
- Place onion, green pepper, garlic, and jalapeno pepper in skillet, and sauté until slightly cooked.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, and oregano to the skillet; stir, and add to crock pot.
- Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.