Prep 7 mins
Cook 19 mins
Low Fat Low Cholesterol
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pimiento (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast (cut into 1-inch strips)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (snipped)
- 3 cups rice (cooked)
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Combine tomato sauce, orange juice, onion, raisins, pimiento, oregano, chili powder, & hot pepper sauce in skillet. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; return to boiling. Cover and simmer 12-15 minutesmore or till chicken is tender & no longer pink.
- Meanwhile combine cornstarch & water. Stir into skillet. Cook and stir till thickened & bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Toss parsley with rice. Serve with chicken mixture over rice.