Recipe by Expat in Holland
The recipe is similar to one I received while taking a cooking class when I lived in Nevada. It is a nice flavorful dish easy to make for a midweek dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 mushrooms, quartered
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, chop
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet melt butter and oil together.
- Add garlic, red bell peppers,onion and mushrooms. Sautee until veggies are tender. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Coat chicken, on both sides, with flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- In skillet (with garlic juices) add chicken and brown on each side. About 3 minutes per side.
- Return veggies to skillet with chicken. Add broth, wine, rosemary, thume and parsley. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done and some liquid is evaporated.