Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, easy, spicy side dish.
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine the rice, water, tomatoes and bouillon and mix.
- Pour into a greased microwave dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of cheese and mix.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and microwave for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted.
Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook tag game and what a delicious side dish!!! I made as written only sauteing a little minced onion and garlic before adding to the mixture. So easy and such a delicious tasting dish. Going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for posting. Served along with chicken in tomatillo salsa and zucchini.
This was a hit in our house! Even my husband, who does not like rice, ate it all and commented how he liked the "mexican taste" of it. I used salsa instead of rotel and made the rice in my rice cooker, then mixed in all the other ingredients. Super easy and super good!
This was so easy and tasted great! My kids thought it was a little spicey because of the can of rotel. This will be made again for sure!