Prep 9 hrs
Cook 20 mins
A want-to-try recipe from Best of Country Cooking
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 -4 tablespoons cilantro, minced, fresh
- 2 -3 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced, fresh
- assorted cracker
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Add the cheese, cilantro,onion, chili powder, garlic, garlic salt, oregano, red pepper flakes,cumin and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball.
- Roll in parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 1 cheese ball.
This is a very bold flavored dip that we really liked. It was real easy to put together and presents well. I'll add this to my Christmas appetizers. Thanks for sharing.