Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A very good Mexican casserole. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans chili con carne, with beans
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans tamales (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (drain one can)
- 1 can whole pitted olive, drained
- 1 can diced green chili, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (American, cheddar, co-jack, or whatever you prefer)
- Brown beef with chopped onion, drain.
- Combine with remaining ingredients, except the cheese.
- Place in large casserole.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- *Cornand olive juice may be added if mixture seems too dry towards the end of cooking time.
- I have made this with stuffed green olives, and with ripe black olives.
- You could even do half and half.
This is delicious! A quick meal when you need a mexican fix. I made it exactly as you stated using both green and black olives...it turned out so good. (I love olives). Thank you Donna, for sharing this great dish. :-)