Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty and so good for grilling on those summer weekends. Serve with a fresh green salad and homemade fries for a summer treat.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs, drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (Can be substituted with any kind of lean ground meat)
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 -8 lettuce leaves
- 6 -8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 -8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl cover and chill.
- Combine the ground meat and the next 5 ingredients in a bowl, divide mixture into equal patties and chill for an hour.
- Grill for 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place a lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun, top each with a patty then the cheese. Top evenly with tomato mixture and cover with bun top.
Sorry, but I still found this to be somewhat bland. I expected the flavor to really explode, but it was a bit of a dud.