Recipe by shelshel0110
This is an easy, and colorful, side dish. I like to make this as an alternative to a salad. It can also be served as dip with tortilla chips.
Top Review by nemokitty
Excellent black bean salad. I didn't have any red bell pepper and used a Maui onion instead of red onion. We ate on this for 3 days. It made alot for hubby and me which we both enjoyed. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 2 cups corn (canned and drained or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently toss together corn, red onion, red bell pepper, and black beans.
- Stir in chili powder and allow to sit at room temperature.
- Wisk together olive oil, garlic powder, salt, balsamic vinegar, and lemon/lime juice.
- Pour dressing over vegetables.
- Stir minced cilantro and black pepper to taste.