Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy, and colorful, side dish. I like to make this as an alternative to a salad. It can also be served as dip with tortilla chips.
- 2 cups corn (canned and drained or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- black pepper
- Gently toss together corn, red onion, red bell pepper, and black beans.
- Stir in chili powder and allow to sit at room temperature.
- Wisk together olive oil, garlic powder, salt, balsamic vinegar, and lemon/lime juice.
- Pour dressing over vegetables.
- Stir minced cilantro and black pepper to taste.
Excellent black bean salad. I didn't have any red bell pepper and used a Maui onion instead of red onion. We ate on this for 3 days. It made alot for hubby and me which we both enjoyed. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
Served this at my last party and received raves!! Several of my guests asked for the recipe. My boys loved it too! This will be a keeper!