1/2 Photos of Fiesta Black Bean Quesadillas
Halcyon Eve's Note:
I found this on a healthy lifestyle website somewhere and adapted it to our taste. They were very good and filling. I made a triple batch of the salsa and a double batch of the quesadillas, as the recipe is more of a snack or lunch size serving. The salsa was good on the quesadillas, but I think it could use some additional seasoning. I'll likely play around with it and update it here if I like the results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (Mexican seasoning with oregano, cumin, and other seasonings)
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese
- nonfat sour cream, as desired (to garnish)
- 1Make the salsa by combining all the ingredients together. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use (may be made up to 2 days ahead).
- 2Heat oven to 200* F.
- 3Combine the beans, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, adobo, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine.
- 4Lay tortillas flat. Place 1/8 of the cheese on one half of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 of the bean mixture, then with 1/8 of the cheese. Fold tortilla in half to cover filling.
- 5Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook one quesadilla at a time, taking care not to spill while cooking or turning (use two spatulas when turning over), until lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melty.
- 6Transfer each quesadilla to oven when finished to keep warm while cooking the remaining quesadillas.
- 7Cut quesadillas into 4 wedges; serve hot with sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Black Bean Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 173.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas