Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is something I just threw together for dinner tonight. My husband and I both loved it so I wanted to share it.
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1 pinch chili pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch paprika (or to taste)
- salt & pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- In a large non stick skillet sauté onions until they soften. Add peppers and seasonings and sauté until peppers are almost tender. Add tomatoes, beans, corn and lime juice. Cover and let simmer until tomatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream.
- As an alternative, once the peppers are tender transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish, mix in the remaining ingredients, cover with shredded cheese and bake until the cheese melts.
This was very good. I added plenty of seasoning but we still felt like it was missing something. We added some cilantro and that helped a bit. To keep it vegan I served with diced avocado instead of the sour cream. It was served one day with tortilla chips and the next rolled in a tortilla. Thanks for a quick & easy meal!!
Wow! This was fantastic! I made it for PAC 2009, and served it with chicken enchiladas. It had such a good flavor, my husband and I both ate until we nearly popped. So, so tasty, and light, and fresh, and just a perfect summer side dish. I did increase the spices just a bit for my family's taste, but other than that, I followed it as written. This would also be good mixed with some scrambled eggs and cheese and rolled up in a tortilla to make a breakfast burrito. This one's a winner in our house, and we'll be making it again for sure! Thanks, Sameveel!