Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the back of a bottle of Kikkoman Soy Sauce. I think I'm going to try the reduced sodium soy sauce the first time I make this.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package green beans, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice, washed and drained
- Brown beef with onion and garlic in a large skillet with a cover.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, soy sauce and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Mix in green beans and rice.
- Cover; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Good, not great. I would make it again, but husband was iffy! It took a little less than 30 min. at the end, and I stuck the beans in for the last 10, which was just right. I used 3/4 cup rice after reading other reviews, and thus added an extra splash of soy sauce, additional 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup tomato sauce. I'd say the serving amount is accurate.
This was very easy to make and my family seemed to enjoy it. My DH, though, said it was like rice-a-roni. I will probably make it again, but might also add more rice and maybe more veggies. Thanks, Charlotte.
This was good, I'll definitely make it again. Next time I will probably use more rice though.