Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This loaded queso dip is incredibly easy to put together and serves a crowd. It is always a big hit at our parties, and is very easy on the host. What I like about it is how chunky and substantial it is. Tends to be addictive too.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cansro-tel tomatoes and green chilies, drained (save some of the juice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- This can all be heated up in a saucepan, but I like to do it in the microwave, in a large glass bowl.
- Microwave refried beans, Velveeta and Ro-Tel together until the cheese is melted and ingredients are well mixed. Add black beans and zap until good and hot. Last, add the green onions and olives. If dip is too thick, thin with a little of the Ro-Tel juice. If necessary, heat to desired temperature.
- Serve warm (a crock-pot is good) with tortilla chips. If you wanted a party presentation, some grated cheese, chopped tomato and or green onion sprinkled on top would be pretty.