Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped, cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 8 (1/2 inch) pieces crystallized ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 32 slices French baguettes (1/4 inch slices)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and pepper; saute 1 minute.
- Place onion mixture, turkey, and next 6 ingredients (turkey through soy sauce) in a food processor; process until well-blended, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally.
- Spoon pate into a bowl; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pate evenly over each bread slice.
This came out fantastic! I've never had pate before and was a little nervous. Instead of buying pre-cooked turkey, I bought turkey drumsticks and broiled them in the oven with some margarine. The pate is amazing and the spicy kick was perfect! Thank you so much for this great recipe. I will definitely make this again.