Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Light. Store in fridge up to a week or freeze for up to two months.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 small dried red chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over med-high.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and chiles to pan; cook 1 minute Stir in turmeric; cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 2 cups (about 50 min).
- Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill.