- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 3⁄4 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons sliced peeled fresh lemongrass
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices; cut each slice into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine steak, lettuce, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; add dressing, tossing to coat.