Sask Girl at Heart's Note:
I found this recipe in a Chatelaine magazine and had to post it immediately after I ate it. This is excellent. The spices are incredible together. I used butternut squash and had to add a little water as it was drying out while simmering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups squash, coarsely chopped
- 2 yellow peppers or 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1In a large, wide saucepan, stir diced tomatoes with tomato sauce, spices and garlic.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, then stir in squash. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3Stir in peppers, beans and frozen corn.
- 4Boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until peppers are soft, 10 to 15 min more.
- 5Stir in cilantro and spoon into bowls. Top with low-fat sour cream.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiery Squash Chili
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1020.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 15.7 g