Recipe by Manami
This condiment is that little something extra that pours on the flavor; it will spark your taste buds. It is hot but the flavor is smooth - does that make sense? Country Living Magazine July 2008 edition. NOTE - don't forget to take care of your eyes! This is great with eggs, meat dish, vegetables & so on.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb scotch bonnet pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft - about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and cook until soft - about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, peppers and salt and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a covered bowl and refrigerate for 2 days.
- Strain mixture through a sieve; discard solids.
- Store in an airtight container.
- The hot sauce will keep in the refrigerator for 3 months.