Recipe by Lainey39
Another recipe I like from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by Sunshine Forever
Fixed this for weekend lunch and it was a hit. I did omit the radishes, as I do not like them. The cabbage was great as opposed to lettuce. The flavor of the cream cheese spread with the pickled onion was wonderful. A great twist to a turkey sandwich.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped (1 t sauce reserved)
- 4 large challah bread rolls or 4 large kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 bunch radish, grated
- 1 1⁄4 lbs deli-sliced fresh roast turkey breast
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, dissolve the sugar into the vinegar over medium heat.
- Add the onion, cover and simmer until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let the pickled onion cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, the chipotles and adobo sauce and 3 T of the onion pickling liquid until smooth.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet or a griddle over medium heat.
- Toast the rolls until golden and spread the chipotle cream cheese mixture on both sides.
- Mound the shredded cabbage and grated radish on the bottom of each roll.
- Pile the turkey on top, then the pickled onions.
- Cover with the roll tops.