From Weir Cooking in the City by Joanne Weir. This dish was one of her favorites during an afternoon of Turkish meze. This can be made a day in advance making it perfect for entertaining. (Make sure to refrigerate it and then bring to room temperature before serving.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces feta cheese
- 1 cup yogurt (drained in a paper towel lined sieve for 4 hours)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- black olives, as a garnish (such as Kalamata)
- 3 fresh pita breads, each cut into 8 to 12 wedges (8-inch diameter)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Place the feta, yogurt, and 1/4 teaspoons salt in a bowl and mash with a fork to make a smooth paste. Alternatively this can be pureed in a food processor. Add the garlic, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, paprika, and cayenne. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
- 3Wrap the pita tightly in foil and place in the oven until warm, about 10 minutes.
- 4Spread the feta puree on a serving plate. Drizzle with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, and garnish with olives. Serve with the warm pita.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiery Peppered Feta With Pita
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 738.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g