1/2 Photos of Fiery Lemon Pasta Side Dish
Great side dish, light and lemony, with a slight bit of heat that gives it a punch. I saw this made on Everyday Italian and immediately gave it a try. This was a big hit with my family. Great with fish or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 ounces angel hair pasta (reserving some of the cooking water) or 8 -10 ounces other pastas, cooked in heavily salted water (reserving some of the cooking water)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chili-flavored olive oil
- sea salt, freshly ground, to taste
- pepper, to taste, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated (to taste)
- 1 -2 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (reserve a bit for garnish)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1While your pasta is cooking, set out a large heatsafe serving dish and add chili oil and parsley.
- 2Zest the lemon directly over the bowl.
- 3Squueze juice of lemon into the mixture.
- 4Mix this together with a fork, then add your hot pasta.
- 5Add about 1/2-1 ladeful of the pasta cooking liquid to the bowl, toss to coat.
- 6Add the cheese,enough to make a nice layer over the top of the dish.
- 7Toss to coat.
- 8Season generously to taste with salt, pepper, and chili flakes (I use about 1/4-1/2 tsp of the chili flakes).
- 9Garnish with a bit of reserved parsley, and serve to accompany fish or chicken, with some additional cheese and chili flakes on the side to allow guests to add as they prefer.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiery Lemon Pasta Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 64.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g