Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Gorgeous, a little bit different and a super healthy meal option. Perfect for summer and dining al fresco, or winter months where the spice will warm you through.
- 29.58 ml English mustard
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 59.16 ml runny honey
- 3 habaneros (Scotch bonnet)
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 few sprigs fresh thyme leave
- 1 few sprigs of fresh oregano leaves
- 1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Coat chicken and leave to marinade for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- 2. To make the salad mix the tomatoes, cucumber, shallots and fresh coconut together. In a pestle and mortar pound the red chilli with a pinch of salt. Mix in the lime juice and coconut milk. Toss into the salad and mix in the fresh coriander leaves.
- 3. Heat a griddle on high until almost smoking. Spritz the chicken thighs with the oil then lay on the griddle and grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 4. Slice the plantain on the diagonal and griddle for 3 minutes turning halfway through. Serve the salad on a plate with two chicken thighs and some griddled plantain.