Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tropical chops with little preparation--I made mine on a George Foreman grill, but they would probably be better on a real one.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1⁄3 cup hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4 slices pineapple
- Coat chops with jerk seasoning, set aside.
- Microwave jelly, pineapple juice and ginger on high for 30-60 seconds or until melted.
- Grill pork over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes per side, turning once.
- Baste frequently with the glaze while grilling.
- Put pineapple rings on the grill during last 3 minutes of chop grilling time, baste with glaze, grill until heated through.
- Serve chops with pineapple.
I got this recipe from Reader's Digest's ad page (for the Pork Council) and have made it 4 times so far. I tend to like things spicy so I double the jelly and the pineapple juice. It's a really easy recipe and very tasty!