Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that comes from Rachel Ray's "30 Minute Meals-Top Drawer Dinner" I love shrimp cocktail but this is way too hot & spicy for me, then I went ahead and tweaked it and now it is even hotter. Passive cooking time is cooling time.
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 celery ribs, from the heart, finely chopped
- 2 -3 chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled deveined and cooked, tails removed
- 4 pieces of leaf lettuce leaves
- Combine hot pepper sauce, chili powder, onion powder, ketchup, lemon juice, lemon zest, celery and parsley in a small bowl.
- Add shrimp and coat evenly.
- Chill 20 minutes.
- Line 4 cocktail glasses or small dishes with leaf lettuce and top each with 1/4 of chilled shrimp.