Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After being inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest, I decided to enter a salsa competition at work. I broke out the blender and purchased some basic salsa ingredients in bulk and started creating! This is a restaurant style salsa made with lots of jalapenos!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, Fire Roasted
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lime, Juiced
- 3 jalapenos, with seeds and membrane chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse/blend until combined.
This recipe was soooooo easy to throw together and tasts amazing. I am using the majority of it in another recipe ( Crock-Pot Chicken With Black Beans & Cream Cheese ), that is if I can pry it away from my husband and kids long enough to salvage some of it. It is HOT, but not unconsumiable, my 2 y.o. is even eating it with tortillas right now. Thanks for a great recipe Julie! Made for Spring 2013 PAC.