Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have tried other receipts for Hot Pepper Jelly and it was never hot enough for my husband and I. We love and grow hot peppers of all kinds. This may require some cold beverages of your choice. Enjoy but BEWARE of the after effect of hot hot hot... This is a double receipt and makes about 4 pint jar
- 6 habanero peppers
- 6 fresh cayenne peppers
- 6 hot banana peppers
- 6 serrano peppers
- 3 green bell peppers
- 2 cups vinegar
- 4 cups sugar (add 1 more cup if you like it real sweet.)
- 4 (1 3/4 ounce) packages Sure-Jell
- In food processor add chopped peppers and puree.
- Go ahead and get water on for boiling jars to be hot and lids.
- In large pot add vinegar and peppers and turn heat on high then add sugar and bring to full boil. Stirring the whole time and please do not put your face over pot unless you have a tissue. This will make your nose run and eyes water. Also good hint do not put on mascara.
- Boil about 10 minutes.
- Stir in pectin and mix well.
- Let boil 1 minute more.
- Ladle into hot jars with 1/4 head space.
- Cover with lids and rims immediately.
- Turn upside down for 5 minutes then turn back over and jars will start sealing.